Today, August 06, 2013, Nikon released two new items:
AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
This is the perfect versatile lens for a wide variety of scenes, from everyday snapshots to vacation portraits and landscapes. Equipped with vibration reduction (VR) you can shoot to an equivalent of up to 4 shutter speed stops faster.
Featuring one ED lens element for superior image quality, optical Vibration Reduction for crystal clear photos and a Silent Wave Motor for fast and quiet autofocusing, the AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR with its versatile focal length, is the perfect travel lens.
- Mount Type: Type G AF-S DX lens with built-in CPU and F mount
- Focal Length: 18-140 mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-38
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups (including 1 ED lens element, 1 aspherical lens element)
- Focusing: Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
- Minimum focus distance: 0.45 m (1.48 ft) from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.23x
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening) Diaphragm Fully automatic
- Aperture range: 18 mm focal length: f/3.5-22 140 mm focal length: f/5.6-38 The minimum aperture displayed may vary depending on the size of the exposure increment selected with the camera.
- Filter-attachment size: 67 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions: Approx. 78 mm maximum diameter x 97 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: Approx. 490 g (17.3 oz)
Enjoy the world of creative lighting at your fingertips. With intuitive controls and bounce capabilities, all you have to do it put it on, turn it on, and shoot away. The flash head can be set up to 120 degrees upward – which means you can bounce light off ceilings or walls for a softer, more natural light on your subjects. With the SB-300, you can control the surrounding light to capture beautiful portraits.
You can attach the compact SB-300 to any Nikon DSLR that supports the Creative Lighting System (CLS), or a COOLPIX model that supports i-TTL flash control. Find new inspiration with exciting lighting techniques that go beyond simple illumination. Tilt the flash for unique bounce effects, use the built-in wide panel for expanded shooting coverage, brighten backlit subjects and more—all from a remarkable shooting distance.
It’s such a convenient accessory, you’ll bring it along for every shooting adventure!